This is an exciting chance to join a market leading construction business. They are looking to hire an experienced PR manager with strong media relations experience.
The role sits within the UK Marketing team , working alongside the PR and Communications Manager to establish, maintain and continually improve a joined up, proactive and effective external communications process , as well as raising the profile of the company.
The role will be include the full PR mix, with a key area of focus on effective media relations, generating positive and impactful coverage across the business, building strong journalist relationships and gaining extensive business insight and knowledge to craft strong news hooks and PR angles.
o Plan, manage and deliver proactive media relations campaigns to increase brand profile
o Ability to draft comprehensive PR materials including news/product releases, media alerts, fact sheets, press packs, status reports and other related materials
o Achieve regular high quality coverage for the brand
o Effectively respond to and escalate crisis and issues PR as needed
o Build journalist relationships– key trade, regional and national press
o Work with the PR and Communications Manager to develop and implement the external Group PR strategy
o Work with the PR and Communications Manager, and the regional teams to develop and implement the regional PR strategies
o Develop and manage PR activity plans for each of the regions and business units
o Effectively build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within regions and business units
o Monitor media coverage and enquiries disseminating information to relevant employees and management teams
o Previous experience of working in journalism or for a busy press office
o NCTJ (National Council for the training of Journalists) qualified or similar degree qualification
o A full understanding of the UK media landscape and the principles that sit behind developing and delivering communications plans to protect and enhance brand and reputation
o Significant experience of dealing with all forms of media and a track record of delivering successful communications strategies
o First class written and verbal communications skills
o An understanding of the construction industry is desirable
o An understand of the B2B media landscape is essential
o Articulate, energetic and self-motivated
Role: Business Development Manager
Location: Central London
- Fantastic earning potential
- Extensive Training/Induction Program
- Inclusive and collaborative team culture
Founded in 2003, our client is the leading global community for board-level executives. We exist to provide our Members, who hail from Fortune 500 corporates through to private equity-backed businesses, with a safe, secure environment where they can develop further as leaders and, through access to the expertise and experiences of like-minded individuals, find the inspiration to improve organisational performance.
We are a fast-growing, agile company, constantly looking for solutions to deliver a high level of customer service to our members. Based in London, we have a growing international membership and have recently opened an office in Hong Kong . We take pride in delivering a personal, bespoke service to our members within a vibrant business community.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to appoint a senior Business Development Manager to help introduce our new product offering into the market. This position will be responsible for commercially developing and leveraging relationships both with C-Suite prospects and senior HR and L&D executives to increase key account penetration.
With a genuine interest in business, you will be intellectually curious, have the gravitas to speak credibly at the C-Suite level within large corporates and have a strong work ethic.
- Strategically manage a complex sales process
- Identify and target C-Level decisions makers in large firms
- Create and present compelling proposals that outline the company suite of solutions and how this will deliver ROI to the client
- Negotiate and close business while managing the client relationship throughout the sales and implementation process
- Engage with and advise senior level executives across a broad spectrum of industries and functions
- Liaise with the Relationship Managers to ensure a smooth handover of new members
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in in the Marketing and Advisory teams to develop the product offering
- Full support from management and investment in your professional growth
- Extensive Training/Induction Program to ensure a solid foundation for success
- A chance to impact the organisation, its service offering and success as a whole
- Ability to attend and participate in events with decision-makers and Thought Leaders from some of the world’s pre-eminent companies, business schools and consultancies
- Dynamic and supportive team culture
Desired Skills and Experience
- Several years’ experience in a business development role or similar
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Advanced commercial negotiation and networking skills
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with a senior-level client base
- Proven ability to sell bespoke solutions into HRD or C-level executives of organisations
- Commercially astute with the ability to analyse and research complex information
- Proactive and able to develop the service offering
- Ability to multi-task without compromising strong attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence at board level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and outcomes focused